What can I offer?
Working with people is my absolute favorite!
My current offers are:
BIRTH DOULA PACKAGE – if you would like Anya to support before birth + be present during the birth + come once after
BIRTH PREPARATION 1:1 – individual meetings with you (and your partner if you would like) to prepare for birth and early parenthood
BIRTH PREPARATION IN A SMALL GROUP – small group called the Doula Circle, to prepare for birth and early parenthood
Birth Doula Package
Due to COVID, right now only possible at Akerhus Hospital in Oslo
The package includes:
- An initial 30 min “get to know each other” meeting – we meet, talk and see if we would like to work together
- 4hrs prenatal meetings – signing the agreement, discussing the birth plan and the postpartum plan, talking through your wishes, ideas and any worries. Anya is here to provide psychological and informational support, to listen with care and answer questions.
- Anya is on-call 24/7 starting week 38
- Support during the birth either day or night
- 1 postpartum visit in the first month
The biggest benefit of working one on one is the continuous support. I am here for you to be a listening ear, to answer questions that I can and to search for information together with you. Depending on your needs and wishes, we can choose specific topics to discuss. As a result of our one on one work you will have the knowledge needed to feel confident and comfortable about yourself and the baby. You will know that we can not predict the way things will go, yet you will feel confident and prepared to follow the process, understand the experience and make informed decisions. We will make sure to prepare both for the birth day and for the early postpartum days.
As I am doing my final birth doula certification, I will gladly take 3 families for a discounted total price of 4500 NOK as a part of my certification. The full price is 9000NOK.
1:1 Birth Preparation
4 hours of consultation time = 1500 NOK
6 hours of consultation time = 2100 NOK
Anya additional consultations or a one-time consultation = 360 NOK / hour
One on one birth preparation is a series of consultations, during which we cover topics, such as:
How to work with the information around us – the kinds of knowledge, decision making tactics
The birth plan, the birth team, partner support and birth satisfaction factors
When does labor start? – the latent phase, when to go to the hospital
Contraction, pain, relaxation – the physiology of pain, adrenalin and oxytocin, mindfulness
The birth and the first hours – phases of labor, types medical support, the golden hour
Care after birth for the mom – emotions, the body, postpartum plan, support network
Care for the baby – basics on everyday care and life-hacks from other families
“Doula Circle” Small Group Birth Preparation
In a small group of women we will prepare together for the birth and the postpartum period. The biggest benefit of being a part of the small-group is the creation of a new community and a support network. When working in a group you get a chance to hear from others and to share your ideas with a group as well. I lead a series of 6 sessions – each meeting will be 1,5-2 hours. Over the 6 sessions we cover the physiology and the psychology of birth, engage in practical exercises, put together an approximate birth plan and a postpartum plan.
I am now looking to run the classes in late April / early May. We can meet once a week or twice a week. We have an option between in-person or online, depending on the restrictions.
The total price for May 2021 will be 3180 NOK for the series of 6 meetings.
The detailed schedule and the location of the classes in Oslo is to be announced. Please send me a note if you would like to be notified.
I have three main goals for our small group Doula Circle meetings:
● Offer a deeper dive into birth prep – in addition to physiology look into the mindset and the psychology around birth and parenthood. Engage in conversation, practice together, share tools for the family. Practice being prepared for uncertainty – this is key.
● Bring in conversation and practice, I want to take a hands-on approach, not “lecture style” – each meeting will be about 60-65% discussion and practice, I will provide materials and will be available to answer questions outside of the class time. We will try art practices, will look into stories, will engage a lot in conversation, will create a warm place to share and be introspective together.
● Create a community for the women – create a safe space where women can meet other women, so that after our meetings are over, there is already someone they know and can continue the conversation with.
I think most importantly, our Doula Circle is not only about preparing for the birth, it is about getting to know yourself better, widening your knowledge on what to expect, identifying the topics to discuss with your partner and family and a space to meet other women, who are expecting.
The detailed schedule and the location of the classes in Oslo is to be announced. If the quarantine is still in place by then, we will meet online.
Please send me a note if you would like to take part. Will be happy to see you!